Taxis Health and Safety
Are you aware that if you have 5 or more employees then as a business, you must have a written Health & Safety Policy and risk assessments?
Faced with all the challenges that running a taxi firm or Private Hire company presents, putting health and safety compliance to the bottom of a long list and hoping against hope that you will never have to deal with a serious injury suffered (or caused) by someone you employ is not uncommon. Nor is finding that the health and safety policy (where one exists) has been allowed to become out of date, with the person originally made responsible for health & safety issues having long since left the business.
If this sounds familiar, ask yourself:
- What health and safety issues are there in my transport operation?
- What rules must I comply with and how do I make sure that I comply fully with them both now and in the future?
- What is my health & safety policy?
- To what extent (if at all) is my health & safety policy recorded?
- Who is responsible for health & safety within the organisation?
- When was the health & safety policy (such as it may be) last reviewed and with what result?
- Who needs to know about the operation’s health & safety policies?
- Has everyone who needs to know about health & safety received all the necessary information?
Compliance with Health & Safety regulations is a complex but nevertheless, critical area for road transport operators, including taxi and private hire firms. Obtaining the right advice on compliance before someone gets hurt is the best protection against regulatory action, including criminal prosecution. Call Pellys Transport & Regulatory Law now on 01279 818280, for further advice.