Office of the Traffic Commissioner – Consultation on Industry Guidance
The Senior Traffic Commissioner has today launched a consultation on key guidance for transport operators. 13 of the 15 Statutory Documents have been revised. The revisions include:
- Stronger guidance on the practice of “fronting”
- Greater emphasis on the importance of completing applications
- Improved guidance around continuous and effective management
- A new section of driver employment status
- A new section on support for tribunal users
- Improved guidance on the main occupation criteria for PSVs
- Updated guidance on what happens when periods of grace expire.
The consultation runs until 27 August 2018. If you would like to “have your say” then click here to go through to the relevant pages on the government website.
If you would like clarification on any aspect of these revisions and how they might potentially affect your business, then please do call us on 01279 818280.