HGV – Operator Health Check
Forewarned is Forearmed
When was the last time you gave all your systems and processes a “spring clean”? What with the many day to day tasks that need doing just to keep a haulage business and its lorries on the road, it is understandable that taking time out of a busy day to review how your systems and processes (if indeed you have any) are working is probably very low on the list of priorities. But knowing where your business may have a weak-link or be vulnerable to criticism or in the worst-cases prosecution or other regulatory action is absolutely critical to your business’s health, prosperity and even survival.
If you are concerned about the effectiveness of the systems you operate or the way in which those systems are recorded, of if you haven’t reviewed any of your systems or processes for years, then we can help. Members of the Pellys Transport & Regulatory Law team have been offering “health checks” for HGV operators for many years. One of our experienced team will review your systems and processes for you and provide you with a comprehensive report on where you might need to focus and crucially what to do about any problems that are identified.
Here are some critical questions to ask:
- What systems do I have in place for each part of my haulage business and are my lorries and drivers safe?
- Are those systems working effectively and can I be certain that I really know the answer to this question?
- What more could I be doing to make the systems more effective but at the same time faster and more efficient to run and record?
- What changes, if any, am I planning to make to the business (including the number of vehicles being operated at any time)
- Will any changes that I am planning affect what I need to do in order to ensure continuing compliance with the regulatory regime – especially my operator’s licence conditions and undertakings?
If you are unsure of the answers to any of the questions above, then call us now on 01279 818280.