Health & Safety for Coach & Bus Operators
Faced with all the challenges that running a coach and bus operation involves, it is easy to put health and safety compliance to the bottom of the list, hoping against hope that you may never have to deal with a serious injury suffered (or caused) by someone who works for you.
It is all too easy to allow a health and safety policy (if indeed one exists) to become out of date, with the person originally made responsible for health and safety having long since left the business or having been moved to a different position within the organisation. If that sounds familiar then ask yourself;
- What health and safety issues are there in my operation?
- What rules must I comply with and how do I make sure that I comply fully with them both now and into the future?
- What is my health and safety policy?
- To what extent (if at all) is my health and safety policy recorded?
- Who is responsible for health and safety within the organisation?
- When was the health and safety policy last reviewed and with what result?
- Who needs to know about the operation’s health and safety policies?
- Has everyone who needs to know about health and safety received the necessary information?
- And critically, when did I last receive specialist advice on my health & safety systems and records, and am I sure that I am still up to date?
Health and safety regulatory compliance is a complex but nevertheless critical area for road transport operators. Obtaining the right advice on health and safety compliance before someone gets hurt is the best protection against regulatory action, including investigation by the HSE to say nothing of the risk of prosecution.
Pellys Transport & Regulatory Law can help you to steer your transport business through the deep waters of health and safety regulation to ensure that you have the correct processes and systems in place and and help make sure that your staff and those that you carry on your vehicles are safe. Call us on 01279 818280 to discuss your needs.