Closing Date for applications 14th January 2019
An opportunity has arisen for a Legal Secretary to join our team. The position is full-time (Mon-Fri). As a legal secretary you will work closely with the Practice’s directors providing administrative and secretarial support for both them and the other members of the Practice.
You must have excellent secretarial, communication and IT skills and be able to “touch-type”. The ability to work accurately and efficiently to deadlines is essential. Previous experience in a legal environment would be an advantage.
Benefits include a competitive salary, 20 days annual holiday and a contributory pension scheme. A copy of the job description and personal specification is given below.
To apply, send your CV along with a covering letter giving information as to why you wish to apply for the role, including your current renumeration to: Pellys Transport & Regulatory Law, No.4 The Exchange, 9 Station Road, Stansted, CM24 8BE. Closing date for applications is 14th January 2019.
Job Title: Legal Secretary
Main Job Purpose:
- To undertake all administrative and secretarial work involved with the work of the practice.
- To work within the Team assisting the directors and other fee earners in the firm in order to provide administrative support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Directors and fee earners in the team with management of client files in accordance with the firm’s Lexcel quality procedure; to include opening and closing files as well as handling documents on client matters as requested.
- Answer the Practice’s main switchboard phone and direct calls to the appropriate persons, in accordance with practice procedure as well as being responsible for meeting visitors to the office and directing them appropriately thereafter.
- Reception duties including support for client meetings and general office upkeep (to keep the communal parts of the office tidy and well organised).
- Office administration and security including following the necessary procedures for the opening and closing of the office premises, as needed from time to time.
- Handle requests for information and queries appropriately.
- Photocopying and document bundle preparation.
- Assist with management of diaries and schedule meeting and appointments as requested.
- To undertake arrangements in association with fee earners travel requirements.
- To undertake some audio typing for members of staff.
- To monitor and liaise with Office Manager on office supplies, (kitchen and stationery).
- Client file support including file opening, general administration and archive processing.
- Assist in the production of reports, presentations and all court documentation as requested by fee earners and directors.
- Paralegal-type activities on client files
- To attend team meetings and fee earner meetings as and when required.
- Maintain the office filing systems, including the electronic archiving system.
- At all times to exercise high standards of client care in a professional and pleasant manner.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all documentation and information of the practice and clients.
- Where appropriate to record time on client matters.
- To maintain clear and precise communications with other personnel in the practice.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities that may be required by the directors including those associated with opening and closing the office.
- Not to do anything that is likely to bring yourself or the Practice into disrepute.
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- The ability to touch-type.
- A full, clean driving licence (preferred, not essential)
- To develop and maintain knowledge in the areas of work undertaken by the Employer.
- In proportion to the job holder’s knowledge and relevant experience, to consider, identify and develop marketing opportunities for the Employer and to undertake such activities as required.
|Attainments – education/qualifications:||5 GCSE’s or equivalent at grades A-C, including Maths & English.||A-Levels or other further education qualification.|
|Skills and Qualities:||
|Motivation – goals achieved/ambitions:||Candidate must have demonstrated an ability to manage competing work priorities in previous roles.||A wish to undertake some fee earning/para-legal work would be considered.|
|Competencies:||Previous work experience in an administration/secretarial role.
The ability to touch type
| Experience of working in legal sector.
|Special aptitudes – written/oral communication skills:||Must be able to demonstrate ability to touch-type accurately.
Good telephone manner and competencies.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
|Familiar with Apple computers.|